A Well-Rounded Education is a Foundation for Success!
Our “SMART” curriculum includes instruction that is relevant and focuses on Science, Math, Art, Reading (Literature), and Technology to provide a well-rounded foundation to education.
A well-rounded education is the same philosophy which the greatest academic institutions were founded upon. The focus is on the “Whole Child” before it becomes specific. Educating the “whole student” is the same ideology shared by the great philosophers to educate the “whole person.” We will include the added focus of technology as it plays such an important role in everyday life.
With information so easily accessible, students need to be taught to:
- Read, Synthesize, Analyze, and Apply
- Have the skill of foresight and be problem solvers
- Must develop people skills:
- Good Listeners
- Team Builders
- Know how to assemble good teams and leverage talent
Our Academic Program
In all subjects, Navigator Academy of Leadership will meet the students where they are at through:
- Fill-in Learning Gaps
- True RtI = Response to Instruction and Response to Intervention
Reading and Language Arts
- Kindergarten through 5th grade
- myView Literacy 2020 Edition is a comprehensive English Language Arts (ELA) curriculum for students in Grades K-5. It provides a balanced approach to teaching reading, writing, speaking, listening, and thinking through Reading and Writing
- Workshops. The all-new, print and digital curriculum includes authentic texts and minilessons, flexible resources, and meaningful differentiation. Inspire every student to see the world with fresh eyes, to share their ideas and shape their stories.
This is the newest literacy program available with explicit yet integrated instruction in grammar, writing, academic vocabulary development, reading comprehension, with a built-in Reading/Writing connection. Students are exposed to an array of genres which include poetry, informational text, fiction and novels.
- Middle School
- myPerspectives by Pearson is a brand-new English language arts curriculum for Grades 6–12 that values the perspective of the learner, collectively and individually, and provides next-gen learning experiences that promote higher achievement and develop the competencies needed for college and career readiness. Interactive learning blends print and technology in a student-centered, teacher-inspired classroom. This dynamic Pearson program creates an interactive, engaging, and relevant learning environment through readings, meaningful activities, and purposeful performance tasks. myPerspectives encourages social collaboration as well as student ownership of learning through goal setting, choice, and reflection.
- Kindergarten Through Eighth Grade
- enVision Math by Pearson K-5
- enVision Math by Pearson 6-8
- enVision Algebra I Honors by Pearson (for High School credit) for advanced and gifted middle school students
- enVision Geometry Honors by Pearson (for High School credit) for advanced and gifted middle school students
Revised, rewritten, remarkable! New enVision® Mathematics © 2020 is the only math program that combines problem-based learning and visual learning, so Kids See the Math and Teachers See Results. enVision is used by classrooms across the country and around the world. Now it’s even better with all-new resources, lessons, modeling, and interactive learning.
Wait till you see it. enVisionmath2.0 is a comprehensive mathematics curriculum for Grades K-5. It offers the flexibility of print, digital, or blended instruction. enVisionmath2.0 provides the focus, coherence, and rigor of the State Standards.
Project-based learning, visual learning strategies, and extensive customization options empower every teacher and student. When students connect ideas, they deepen their understanding. enVisionmath2.0 is organized into clusters of connected topics and lessons. Students learn to see relationships, ask questions, and try different approaches. Problem-based learning drives students to engage in productive struggle.
nVisionmath2.0 is a comprehensive 6-8 mathematics curriculum with superior focus, coherence, and rigor. Ensure success at every level with problem-based learning, embedded visual learning, and personalization to empower every teacher and student.
- Why enVisionmath2.0?
- Proven Instructional Design | enVisionmath2.0 emphasizes conceptual understanding. Problem-based learning facilitates productive struggle strengthening students’ ability to think mathematically.
enVision A|G|A is a comprehensive high school mathematics curriculum built from the ground up to meet today’s standards. Get unparalleled support to maximize student learning and personalize instruction for all students.
- Why enVision A|G|A?
- Engage | With the embedded interactives powered by Desmos and adaptive practice powered by Knewton, students have unique support to learn Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2.
- Retain | A high school math curriculum that teaches conceptual understanding, procedural fluency, and skills applications. Use print, digital, or blended learning experiences.
- Empower | Access content, resources, productivity tools, and student data from Pearson Realize. Everything for your Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 lessons is fully customizable and easy to use.
- Kindergarten through Third Grade – MyView Literacy has integrated Social Studies lessons for students that explores concepts of community, society, civics, and citizenship
- Fourth and Fifth Grade – Aligned to the ELA Standards and cover topics by grade level. 4th grade focuses on the history of Florida and 5th grade introduces American History.
- 6th Grade – Gateway to Earl American History, this course and curriculum will provide students with a strong foundation in American History that creates a foundation to ensure success in 7th grade Civics and the EOC.
- 7th Grade – Gateway to American Government – This course and curriculum will align American History with concepts of Civics.
- 8th Grade – Pearson World History – This course and curriculum will begin teaching students concepts of World History. Since it is an expansive amount of history, this is continued in 9th High School. Students performing well in 8th grade World History may be recommended to take AP World History in High School for college Credits.
- Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
- Elevate Science by Pearson
- Markerspace for Engineering
- 6th Grade Elevate - Earth and Space Science: Focusing on Earth and Space Science in 6th grade is the perfect introduction to Middle School Science. Students are allowed to delve deeper into Earth and Space Science concepts in order to focus on “depth versus breath” of Science concepts. Students performing well in this course may be recommended to take Biology Honors for high School credit in lieu of 7th grade Life Science and will take the Biology EOC.
- 7th Grade Elevate - Life Science: Focusing on Life Science in 7th grade builds upon related concepts learned in Earth and Space science. Students are allowed to delve deeper into Life Science concepts in order to focus on “depth versus breath” of Science concepts. Students performing well in this course may be recommended to take Physical Science Honors for High School credit.
- 8th Grade Elevate - Physical Science: Focusing on Physical Science in 8th grade builds upon related concepts learned in Life Science as well as Earth and Space Science. Also, Physical Science requires a lot of Mathematical computations that will be taught in 6th, 7th and 8th grade that will facilitate a deeper understanding of Physical Science. Advanced students may be recommended to take Physical Science Honors for High School credit in lieu of the Middle School Physical Science course.
Phenomena-based learning uses inquiry to engage students in “doing” science. Welcome to Elevate Science! It’s the K-8 science program that starts with real-world, observable phenomena, like weather, robots, oil spills, and space travel. It’s authentic science, science that gets students questioning, problem solving, and engineering solutions through inquiry and evidence. Elevate Science brings three-dimensional learning to your classroom. Experience IT! It's the science of doing.
Middle school is a time when teachers can be true advocates for science and STEM careers. The Elevate Science Middle Grades program puts exploration at the heart of science. Scientific inquiry encourages investigation, collaboration, and creativity. The blended print and digital curriculum apply scientific and engineering practices in problem-based scenarios. Students focus on analysis, critical thinking, and designing solutions as they explore real-world topics and everyday phenomena. Elevate Science deepens students’ conceptual understanding of science and prepares them for high school and beyond. It’s available as a complete integrated Middle School Science Curriculum, as separate individual modules, or in domain specific Life, Earth, and Physical Science courses. Each sequence promises to elevate thinking, learning, and teaching.